Jai Shri Ganesh

Jai Shri Ganesh | Jai Sai Ram | Jai Hanuman | Jai Shani Dev | Jai Mata Di

Search My Blog

Sep 21, 2009

Page 4

The Nintendo Nani

Alzheimer or AD as it is known begins slowly with mild forgetfulness, trouble remembering recent events (like combing your hair, brushing upteeth etc.)The lady thought "protect me from this disease!"

I had just turned 64 and was feeling slightly paranoid. I wanted to test my memory. My gtandson Madhav came running to me with his portable gaming system, "Nintendo". It keeps him occupied for hours together. He used to play "Super Mario". But I realised there were other great educational games too, like "Brain Training", meant to improve memory. I learned to play this game from Madhav, my grandson and soon got the hang of it.

I do realise this is an expensive item. However the big lesson I learnt from this game is "Be engaged". The cheapest and best way to save oneself is to be active, physically and mentally. Possessing a religious bent of mind, I attend weekly shloka classes.

Instead of sitting at home like a couch potato, we can lead an active life and ward off losing our faculities.

Taken from HT media,

By Lakshmi Subramaniam

No comments:

Post a Comment